Saturday, May 18, 2019

A hurried six

With a  busy day ahead, here is a shamefully rushed Six on Saturday. Do head over to The Propagator's blog to read more!
But here is my garden:
1.The rose arch. It is blooming! The rose has not quite covered it yet, but I really like how it is shaping up.
 And best of all, the rose provides shelter to our new poults. Such a pretty little bower!
2. The daylilies are blooming. I wanted to try cooking some of the buds this year, but don't have the heart to
3. Monsoon project: I once had a clover lawn, and then I got chickens. So now, this is what the area in front of our house looks like, and I am fed up with it. Now, I will weed and till. Come monsoon, I will plant out thyme- the chickens don't seem to like that.
4. Harvest- the veggie harvest hasn't started yet, but we are harvesting seeds from the over-wintered plants. So here are coriander and mustard seeds for yummy tadkas.

5. Fuchsia. For two years I had this plant, and the chickens kept eating it. Last autumn I transferred it to a pot and look at it now!
I don't like all fuchsias, but this is rather elegant
6. My hydrangeas are about to bloom. I like them at this stage, and I like them when they are dry in all those subdued colours. The big bright balloons of full bloom? Not so much


3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is one adorable photo with the chicks under the roses! I like that fuchsia too. Whenever anyone tells me I can eat the buds on this or that, I tell them I like the flowers! Especially daylilies, their season is too short already, without my eating them!

Chicu said...

That's exactly how I feel about my flowers. Which is also why I have let yet another year go by without making a rose petal conserve. Oh well

@cavershamjj said...

Lovely rose, and your chooks seem to agree. My hydrangea has teeny flower buds, first ones I've ever had on it. Fingers crossed...

Post a Comment