Tuesday, June 15, 2010

being home

Last night, I was asked if I had been to all my favourite haunts in Seattle yet. No, I had to confess, not yet.
And today morning on my way to the market, I was wondering why. After all, one of the things I was looking forward to (besides plonking my head on Mian's shoulder) was revisiting all the places I loved in Seattle.
But I find myself unable to do that. Not physically, it is not like I dont have the time to, but mentally. I find myself strangely reluctant to pull on walking shoes and step out.

Part of it is the new neighbourhood, of course. I live some distance away from where I did earlier, and so my haunts are a bus ride away. As for sauntering around this neighbourhood, I am still in the position of the child learning to tie her shoelaces- 'the chicu goes  across the road at the big yellow tree, and under the bridge at the little pink house'. Part of it is the feeling guilty to saunter when I have things I am supposed to be doing. And I know that is not logical, I need to work through this fog. I will do that, soon.

In the meantime, as I answered truthfully,I am focusing on meeting all my favourite people. A couple of days ago, and again yesterday I met The King (no, not that one!). This man has given me goodbye-forever hugs twice already only to have me pop into his life like a mushroom again. Bless him,  he always reacts asif that is one of the nicest things that could happen to anyone. And in an hour, I meet M (no, not that one) for a day of wrapping wedding favours, gossip, and rendering me sane. Not bad, eh?

And as for the haunting, out at the market, I got me a map. Now I am an unstoppable force!

5 comments:

Banno said...

Revisiting favourite people is better than revisiting favourite places any day. Unless of course, you can meet your favourite people at your favourite places. Phir toh, kya kehna?

GrumpyGranny said...

Seattle is much closer to Colorado than India. It makes me happy to think you are so near. I have only visited Seattle once but quite enjoyed it. I'll imagine you at the Pike Place market, standing next to the pig!

;-)

GG

Ellie said...

I want to know the story behind Seattle. How did you end up there? I was born in Seattle. I love the NW.

nadi said...

GO

Mukta said...

all your metaphor-ing a little OTT, no? ;-) But all the best chica.
Mukta

Post a Comment