Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Weekend

So I didn’t go to Rajaji after all. I was waiting most of the weekend for a meeting that never happened. After cribbing to a friend about it, I decided to get up and do something. In a modified version of Muir’s leaping over the back fence with a loaf of bread and some tea, I walked out of the door with a wallet and cell phone. Prosaic, no?
I didn’t have a clue where to go, of course. But then I thought I would go to the Malsi deer park. At the least, it would be a nice ride there and back. Well, I went there, but the park occupied me for all of three minutes. The animals depressed me, and i couldn’t walk without tripping over couples seeking a little privacy. Not that I blame them. Like every other person on this crowded globe, been there done that. But I felt decidedly unwanted. And so people, I decided to walk back.
And finally, as I walked on that cool and shady road, especially when there were no vehicles zooming past me, i was truly happy. The distance? Either 9kms or 12 kms depending on which signboard one consults, but flat all the way. For most of the stretch, there is a nice sidewalk. There are interesting buildings, and later, interesting shops. Good. As for rajaji, there is always next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment