Monday, January 4, 2010

upgrade

I have every now and then been mentioning The One. He first made an appearance as the giver of eggnog recipes, and then quickly became a established presence on my blog. Which is pretty much what happened in real life as well..

We first met in Seattle- to talk about water conflicts in India, and each quickly became an established presence in the other's life. And now, we are making it all official- The One and I are getting married. This month, first at home in Pune, and then followed by registration in Dun.

And with the upgrade in status, comes a change in the name. The One confessed to being a little uncomfortable with the capitalization and the implied divinitization (no, that isn't a word, but it should be). And then that Maqbool fan of mine suggested that I call him 'Mian'. Fair enough, considering that we will soon be 'Mian-Biwi'.

Mere Mian. And I couldn't be happier.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww..i am happy for you and the one! cant wait for the after party..:D

Unmana said...

Ooh, I like "Miya"!

Congratulations on the wedding! And do you know I live in Pune? :-)

Zareen said...

oh my love, my love. please to tell one when the big day is.

ek khairkhwa said...

Bahut bahut mubarak ho!!Mian-Biwi ko dher saari khushiyan milein!

Ash said...

Congratulations to the two of you! Let me know when you are in Pune.

Gina said...

Mian seems to be very good at collecting nicknames :). Congrats for the officialness of matter.

Chicu said...

M:I am looking forward to the party too
Unmana: thanks! and I do know you live in Pune- and quite close to Kpark, I believe?
mere khairkhwa: shukriya!
Ashu: thanks! hope to meet up..
Gina: he is, isn't he?

Unmana said...

chicu: Well, a few kilometres away. Maybe we could meet up sometime. I guess you'll be too busy this time!

nadi said...

dua.

love.

stay well, stay happy; both of you.

Post a Comment