Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Going, going, gone...

“An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old one leaves.”

- Bill Vaughan

And no matter what category tickles your fancy, I do hope you stay up till midnight. So 00:00 does not have any cosmic significance, and frankly, looking at the past year can be a bit depressing, but that is why we look at the year-to-come instead. And 11:59 of 31st December is when everything seems possible. Next year we will visit Kala patthar, sort out our finances, start farming, and win a Nobel. Magic is in the air then, and deserves to be toasted.

And that is what I will be doing tonight. Picture me sitting on a terrace wrapped in a dozen shawls. By my side is a jar of eggnog , which I am fastidiously drinking from a wineglass. There is a crescent moon, and I am talking to friends on the phone. Happiness.

What do you plan to do? Tell me.

Happy New Year.

eggnog recipe? I am using this, from Jerry Thomas’ Bartenders Guide or How To Mix Drinks, shown me by the wonderful one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who else will think other than you in the world eggnog on 31st december night at 12.00 am that too in Dhradun
Saroj

Post a Comment